The Nominations Election Committee
Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission.
Meeting Monday, June 6, 2011, at 11 AM
United American Indian Involvement
1125 West 6th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Overview of history, duties, and past actions by the Nomination and Election Committee (Chair).
- Does the Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) require that only Federal and State recognized Indians serve on the Los Angeles Native American Indian Commission Self-Governance Board? See Commission Ordinance and CSBG Laws and Regulations.
- Do the Los Angeles Native American Commission nomination and voting rules have any effect on CSBG benefits criteria and administration?
- Certificates of Degree of Blood (CDIB), blood quantum, and the 15th Amendment of the US Constitution. In a Los Angeles Native American Indian Commission election, are CDIB or Indian blood quanta eligibility criteria legal within the US Constitution? See 15th Amendment and Cayetano case.
- Has the state of California officially recognized any Indian tribes? See the Tongva and Jauneno California Joint-Assembly Resolutions and associated materials.
- Discussion of list of possible voting locations.
- Revision, correction, and updating of the rules, schedule, and Candidates Package for conducting the 2011 Los Angeles City/County Native American Indian Commission Election for five community Commissioner vacancies.
- Preparations for submitting a draft Candidates Package, election rules, and schedule to the Commission for approval on June
Last modified: June 2, 2011